(Read This!) Frequently Asked Questions for Server Support
Started by Jakebaa

Frequently Asked Questions about The Republic

Welcome adventurer, here we will try to answer your questions about The Republic.

What is The Republic?

We are an awesome Minecraft server.

How can I play?

In your Minecraft client 'Add Server' and set the 'Server IP' as 'play.therepublic.io'

And connect! It's that simple.

What Minecraft versions do you support?

We support 1.8 to the latest 1.16. But we recommend 1.16.x for the new items.

Do you allow Premium or Offline Minecraft accounts?

We allow both, you can connect using a Premium or Offline (cracked) Minecraft client.

Do you allow hacked clients?

No, we consider it an unfair advantage over other players. If you are found to be using a hacked client your IP will be permanently banned from the server and no appeals are accepted.

Can I use X-ray?

No, we consider it the same as a hacked client and you will be permanently IP banned. The same goes for Auto-clicking and other mods that give an unfair advantage. If in doubt about a mod, ask the staff on the Discord.

Can I use another mod?

As a general rule if it gives you an unfair advantage, no. A mini map mod or cosmetic changes are allowed. If in doubt about a mod, ask the staff on the Discord.

Can I donate to the server?

The game is free to play but if you would like to support the server you can buy ranks or crate keys on our store. We thank you kindly for your donation and hope you enjoy your items.

How can I support the server?

You can do /vote in any gamemode and receive keys to the vote crates, and tokens for ranks. This helps our server on Minecraft server lists, and gains new players. We thank you very much for voting for The Republic, it means a great deal.

Is this server p2w?

No, the ranks and crate keys give cosmetic items. In casual gamemodes, crate rewards such as custom items can also be won in lucky crates, vote crates and token shops. In competitive gamemodes like PVP, the ranks and crate keys do not give any unfair advantages.

How can I make money on the server?

Depends on the gamemode, but you can do /jobs, or sell items using /sell hand. Mob drops, ores and other items can be sold on Vanilla Survival. In Factions you need to work a job. You can also trade with other players in the Auction House, in Player Shops and Warps.

What are the cosmetic items?

Do /gmenu main to see the cosmetic items like Pets (ride-able), Particles, Blocks, Effects, Hats and more. There's /tags for fun and unique tags before your name in the game chats. You also have /disguise as mobs, players and animals.

What are the custom enchants?

There's 2 custom enchant plugins. Vanilla has Venom, Rage, Vampire etc which is Golden Enchants plugin (Google for a list of enchantments). Skyblock has Tank, Butcher, Void Walker etc which is Enchantment Solution.

I forgot my password

DM the admins on Discord and tell them your account name.

I can't login it says I'm banned

Check on the bans page of this website and search your name. If it's there that's why you were banned. If your name doesn't have a ban, it could be you're using a VPN which is banned on our network. Disable your VPN and connect to the server.

Can I appeal my ban?

Yes, post on the forums. We don't accept ban appeals for hacking unless 1) You were banned by mistake or 2) You are Guardian Rank or above.

I want to refund a store purchase

The store has a no-refund policy. If your card was used without your permission, DM the admins on Discord for an investigation.

I didn't receive my items from the store

DM the admins on Discord and they'll sort it out.

Someone is harassing me, doxing me, abusing me...

DM the helpers, moderators or admins on Discord or post in the Support channel for community help. We'll punish those who are breaking the server rules in regards to harassment.

Can I swear on the server?

We have players of all ages and because of that we want to reduce the profanity (swearing) and toxic behaviour in the chat. Excessive swearing is not allowed on the server or Discord, or evading the swear filters. Factions gamemode allows swearing (but not racism or homophobia). You can use WTF and similar abbreviations. 

My base was raided, griefed or stolen from

Tell a moderator or helper in game. Raiding is generally not allowed, unless in Factions.

Where can I raid?

Vanilla
Raiding/Stealing/Griefing - NO 
Exception: Allowed in unclaimed land where the land owner is inactive (gone for over 2 weeks)

Exception: You may NOT steal, raid or grief  in claims you are trusted in
Exception: You may NOT scam in player to player trades
No scamming or swearing (Abbreviations like WTF are fine)

Valhalla
Raiding/Stealing/Griefing - YES 

Exception: Allowed in any unclaimed land

Factions
Raiding/Stealing/Griefing - YES
Scamming is allowed
Swearing is allowed (but no racism, homophobia)

Towny
Raiding/Stealing/Griefing - NO
Exception: Allowed in unclaimed land where the land owner is inactive (gone for over 2 weeks)

Prison and Skyblock generally don't have raiding or griefing. You're not allowed to grief, raid or steal from Islands you are trusted in (Skyblock). Scamming is allowed in Prison. Scamming is not allowed in Skyblock. Swearing is not allowed in Prison or Skyblock (Abbreviations like WTF are fine).

To be finished later

SERVER IP: play.therepublic.io

About 1 year agoLast edited: about 1 year ago